Castle Clash Tips to Fight Gunslinger in GWS (or Expeditions)
Trying to 100% a well-designed base that features Gunslinger in Guild Wars is a royal pain. If you
want to have success, the first step is to understand the mechanics.
WarFlyer Battle Mechanics
Understand the battle mechanics first! Only with this understanding can you make the necessary adjustments to win.
- As a general rule, WarFlyers will attack the same hero until he dies, then pick a new target.
- WarFlyers often hit you with an area stun and they have level 5 scatter. The scatter sounds
intimidating, but in practice, a hero with stun immunity can usually build up enough energy to proc anyway.
- WarFlyer damage appears to be based on the level of Gunslinger. Her skill and talents appear to have no bearing on the power of her WarFlyers.
- WarFlyers benefit from team buffs from PD, Cupid, Michael, etc. So if you trigger any buffs, those WarFlyers become extra deadly.
- WarFlyers time out on occasion, and new ones originate from Gunslinger.
- If your hero can deflect damage, any deflected damage affects Gunslinger.
- If your lead hero has revive and you deploy your other heroes far away, after your lead hero revives, the
WarFlyers will have to burn time moving over to your next hero.
I have seen videos where a 5vite AC kills Gunslinger. If you have a 5vite AC, by all means, use it! You might even take out another hero or two
in the process. Another possibility appears to be Michael, but in practice, I've never actually killed a Gunslinger with Michael only.
If Gunslinger is easy to reach, just deploy near her and keep trying until you magically get lucky. It's gws, so you have infinite tries. Always
deploy a tank first.
Anubis Snipe Method
Since Anubis gets 3 revives and is very tanky, he's the ideal first hero to drop against a Gunslinger base. Assuming Gunslinger is far away
and therefore must be sniped, your only chance is to live long enough to snipe her to death. Deploy Anubis alone with blitz scroll. Blitz is necessary
to give him sufficient stun immunity to get his procs to work. Also give him Mini Ang to reduce the damage he receives. Consider bulwark crests or
life drain crests. Once Anubis has been attacked at least once, I'm pretty certain all future WarFlyers will target him. Now deploy the rest of your
snipe team far away from Anubis, preferably in multiple corners of the map. Consider using Cupid, Aries, and Warlock. Outside of this, I can't give
more guidance because defensive bases vary.
If you aren't an endgamer, don't worry about top tier Gunslinger bases! You have to be incredibly powerful to beat them,
so just skip them if you aren't making any headway.
Back to Main Menu